Easter can be one of the most entertaining and meaningful holidays of the year, especially when it comes to celebrating with kids.
There are literally hundreds of ideas you can incorporate into your celebrations to make Easter for kids a very special and memorable occasion. Easter is perhaps second to Christmas when it comes to noteworthy holidays to make a big deal of. As a parent, you can add that special touch to the occasion that will keep your kids enthralled throughout the Easter season with these kids Easter ideas and adding Easter 2022 gifts for kids.
Easter Dessert Treats
Part of celebrating Easter is sharing good food with family and friends. The children in your family can participate in the fun by helping to prepare special snacks and treats for the occasion. You will have very willing participants when you ask for help baking one of their favorite Easter desserts.
Easter dessert recipes especially designed for the season such as pear shaped bunny rabbits, empty tomb cake, and resurrection cookies add Easter themes to their baking experience.
Easter Crafts Brighten the Season
Easter themed art projects bring a smile to faces young and old. Your children can bring joy to your family and your guests by making handcrafted:
• Easter cards, posters, baskets and wall hangings with meaningful quotes or verses on them
• A simple egg carton can carry decorative handcrafted flowers
• Blown out eggs can be decorated into bees, butterflies, doves or bluebirds and placed in baskets or hung as ornaments
• A beautiful butterfly collage on a prominent wall can symbolize new life and regeneration for the Easter season
Special art projects that portray the Easter spirit make memorable kids Easter ideas, gifts and decorations that will be appreciated by others.
Meaningful Traditions for a Heartfelt Easter Setting
Meaningful traditions experienced in childhood become meaningful traditions for your children when they are older. They also help them to better understand the true meaning of the Easter season and why you celebrate it.
• To symoblize Jesus’ time of prayer in the garden, make a miniature garden basket
• Celebrate Passover with your family, in the same fashion as Jesus’ last supper with His disciples
• A wonderful tradition your kids can pass on for generations is reading Easter books and stories together as a family
• On the week leading up to Easter Sunday, listen to Easter songs or make them an Easter gift in their basket
Easter for kids is an exciting day filled with everything needed to make lifelong memories they will recall and share with others in the years ahead.