The goal has been set, the plan has been laid out and what’s left is choosing a gym that is conducive to your workout program. You may be wondering, “How to choose a gym that is right for me?” There are several things to consider, but I want to emphasize that it’s important that the gym you choose makes you comfortable and motivated, else you’re likely to drop off sooner than later. By ensuring your gym is a good fit for you, you put yourself in a smoother way to realizing your health and fitness goals. Gym San Diego
How to Choose a Gym That Fits You Best – The Guideline
- Location Nobody likes to spend double their workout time just driving to the gym and then back home. At the end of a long day, none of us loves the idea of battling traffic for an hour, doing an hour long workout, and then driving for another half an hour to get back home. It makes much more sense to join a gym that is close to home or one that is on the way to work and back. If you drive past the place on a daily basis you will be reminded that you should be doing your workout instead of trying to avoid it.
- Membership Fees Before you decide to join a particular gym, you should spend some time comparing membership fees which can vary quite substantially. The duration of the contract can also influence the net price, so bear this in mind before you sign anything. Today, the majority of gyms will try to get you to commit to the longest possible contract. If you are not sure that you want to be committed for long then you should continue your search for something more appropriate for you. If possible try to delay joining with a particular gym until the late part of summer or New Year, because many gyms offer specials around that time of year. But don’t wait if it’s more than a month away or your motivation could be diminished by then. It’s not about how to choose the cheapest gym, but how to choose a gym that motivates you best.
- Membership Demographic Another thing that you should consider is the membership demographic of the gym. For some women, an all female gym is what they prefer. On the other hand, a mixed gym is a great place to meet people of the opposite sex and is often one of the main reasons for joining in the first place. Whatever your preference may be, take the time to find out while you make your decision.
- Extras Another thing that you should inquire about is whether the gym offers any extras or benefits that are part of your membership and if these extras cost more. Examples of the extras would include daycare facilities, nutritional advice, fitness testing, physiotherapy, and so on.
- Operating Hours Make certain that you know the times of when the gym will be open. If, like many people, you prefer to do your workouts in the early morning, then you need to determine if the gym is open at that time. Also, enquire about the gym’s policy regarding holidays. Lots of people enjoy spending time working out on public holidays. If this is something that you are anticipating then you do not want to be disappointed to find the gym closed. Then there are people who enjoy working out at night so, if you fall into that category make sure that your gym will cater to that preference.
- Personal Training Options In order for you to achieve your full fitness potential it is necessary for you to have access to a qualified personal trainer. Although your current fitness program might be suitable now, in a year’s time it should be evaluated and modified as needed. Most committed people never forget this criteria in their “how to choose a gym” checklists.Being able to access a staff who knows the game well is extremely important. Too often gyms do not take the precaution of hiring qualified people so make sure that you find out if their trainers are actually certified.
- Group Classes Find out about the group fitness classes that the gym you are considering offers. When you become bored with your workout routine, this is often just what you need to get you excited again. With the wide array of class options available these days, the chances are good that you will find one that suits you.Remember to inquire about this before you commit to a contract because you do not want to be surprised by unexpected costs.
- Hygiene Making sure that the gym is kept clean is a very important point that should not be neglected in your checklist of “how to choose a gym”. Due to the possible high concentration of germs in gyms, it is vital that all the equipments are kept clean. Make sure that there are enough towels and spray bottles available for use on the equipments when you are finished using the machines, and do not neglect to inspect the bathrooms and the changing rooms as well.
- Equipments Take note not only of what equipments are available but also the quality of them. If you mostly work with free weights, see if they offer enough dumbbells even when there are lots of people there, because if not this could be a problem. Other items to look out for are guided machines as you will need a variety of these in order to work your different muscle groups. If you spend a substantial amount of time doing cardio workouts make sure that the gym has plenty of machines on offer. You do not want to have to arrive at the gym after work only to find that all the machines are occupied. Some gyms have lists available that you can sign up on that will reserve a machine for a specific time, so inquire if this option is available. This is a very effective way of combating the problem and most gyms now offer this option.
- Cancellation Policy Lastly, take a good look at the gym’s policy when it comes to cancellation of the contract. For example, if you sign a three year contract but have to cancel after a year, does the gym offer a partial refund? Some not only do not offer refunds but also do not offer a transfer of your membership as well. Although you certainly don’t want to cancel just because you’re lazy, there might be other unforeseen reasons for you to do so. Just make sure you’re aware of the possibility.
I hope these 10 points will answer the question “How to choose a gym that is right for me?” Do not neglect to consider all of the above when you choose a gym. If you leave out even one point, it could result in unnecessary disappointment that could well spell the end of your commitment to personal fitness.
Download Your Bonus Report Today: Training & Nutrition Secrets for a Lean Body
Discover over 27 unique metabolism-boosting secrets for stripping off stubborn belly fat and getting firm sexy abs. Also inside:
- Learn the #1 ultimate hard-body exercise
- Discover the 55 fastest fat-burning foods
- Over 2 dozen unique workout ideas for a leaner sexier body
- How to avoid the 2 worst types of foods that stimulate more belly fat!
- *New* You’ll also get a bonus Metabolic Rate Calculator to measure you daily calorie intake